The children's cooking show To the pots, ready, delicious! (Disney Channel) runs every Sunday at 9:55. A delicious second season recipe: a calzone.content
- Combine unloved artichoke with beloved pizza
- Ingredients for 4 pieces Calzone
- Preparation of the calzone
The artichoke is considered the queen of vegetables: it contains beta carotene, B vitamins, calcium and iron - so everything that needs such a growing child's body. Unfortunately, artichokes contain cynarin, the caffeic acid derivative, which makes the vegetables slightly bitter - and for many children, it goes to the "I do not like it" list.
Combine unloved artichoke with beloved pizza
Is there a trick, how to make children, but to reach for the healthy artichoke heart? To meet this challenge, the chefs of the Disney Children's Cooking Show To the pots, ready, delicious . Your suggested solution: Combine the unloved artichoke with the favorite dish of thousands of children: Pizza!
This symbiosis results in a healthy calzone that will delight all children! Here comes the magical recipe:
Ingredients for 4 pieces Calzone
For the calzone dough:
- 250 g wholegrain flour (plus a bit more for processing)
- 6 g of fresh yeast
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 7 g of iodine salt with fluoride
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 160 ml of lukewarm water
For the calzone filling:
- 75 grams of cottage cheese (granular cream cheese)
- 1/2 teaspoon iodine salt with fluoride
- Pepper (freshly ground)
- cayenne pepper
- 1 spring onion
- ½ cloves of garlic
- 1½ artichoke hearts (from the tin, approx. 40g)
- ½ meat tomatoes
- 30 g of prosciutto
- 1/2 tin of pizza sauce
Preparation of the calzone
For the yeast dough:
- Stir in sugar and yeast in 86 ml of lukewarm water and allow to rest for 5 minutes until small bubbles form.
- Put the flour on the work surface, press a trough in the middle and fill in olive oil and milk. Work in the flour from the edge.
- Mix remaining water with salt, pour into the bowl and knead with flour.
- Add yeast mixture and knead with remaining ingredients to a smooth dough, possibly add some flour.
- Form the dough into a ball and let it rise for 2 hours.
For the filling:
- Drain cream cheese briefly. Stir with pizza sauce and season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Clean the spring onions, rinse and cut into fine rings. Mix the spring onions and crushed garlic with the cream cheese.
- Gently squeeze drained artichoke hearts in your hand and cut into thin slices.
- Rinse the tomato, quarter and core it. Cut the tomato into fine slices and cut in half. Cut the ham into fine strips.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C. Lay the baking tray with baking paper.
- Remove yeast dough from the bowl, divide into 4 equal pieces and roll out to a diameter of approx. 15-20 cm.
- Spread a dollop of pizza sauce on the lower half of the dough and fill with the cream cheese mixture. Fold the free half of the dough over the filling and squeeze the edge with a fork.
- Place Calzone on the baking tray and cut with a knife so that the hot steam can escape.
- If you want, you can still coat them with olive oil. That makes for a golden brown color.
- Bake in the oven at 200 ° C for 20-30 minutes.
Nutritional information (per serving):
- 479 calories
- 18 g protein
- 16 g fat
- 59 grams of carbohydrates
- 12.2 g fiber
>> Children's Cooking Recipe: Chicory Sweet Potato Casserole
>> Recipe: Stuffed aubergines with nut and pomegranate filling
>> Recipe: Wild garlic potato dumplings
>> When crocodiles become friends: Sweet and salty baby recipes