ingredients for 4 persons
- 1 onion
- 600 g fresh beetroot or vacuum packed
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 l elderberry juice (bottle)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable broth (instant)
- Salt and pepper (possibly coarser)
- about 3 tablespoons (50 g) of mascarpone
- 1-2 teaspoons of good oil (eg walnut oil)
- 1/2 box Daikon or garden cress
Preparation of beetroot soup
1. Peel and dice onion and fresh beetroot. (Beetroot stains strongly - it is best to wear disposable gloves.) Heat the butter in the large pot. Braise onion and beetroot cubes in it. Pour 1/2 liter of water and elderberry juice, bring to the boil and stir in broth. Cover and simmer for about 25 minutes.
2. Puree the soup with the hand blender. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in casserole and mascarpone in "streaks" in the soup. Drizzle with oil. Cut the cress off the bed and sprinkle over it. This fits Ciabatta.
Preparation time approx. 50 minutes. Per serving approx. K. A. kJ, 170 kcal. E 4 g, F 9 g, KH 17 g
A recipe from LECKER issue 9/2010