Now it will be cuddly
This Easter decoration may not be missing this year. Make this Easter chick with our sewing instructions and decorate your table with it.
That's what you need for the fabric chicks:
- sewing machine
- Template for the Easter chicks
- French chalk
- fabric scissors
- Sewing and embroidery needle
- embroidery thread
- craft wire
- wire cutter
- double-sided adhesive tape
Here you will find the template:
And that's how easy it is:
1. Print out and cut out templates of chicks and wings. Staple on doubled fabric, transfer outline with tailor's chalk and cut out. Both layers re. on re. successive staple.
2. Cut the beak, place it between the fabric halves. Sew side edges of body and wings with 1 cm seam allowance, leaving an opening to turn. Seam allowance cutback edge, cut fabric. Cut the beak to a point.
3. Plug chicks with filling cotton, sew opening by hand.
4. Embroider eyes with yarn, sew on wings. Cut 5 cm wire per leg, wrap with double-sided adhesive tape. Wrap wire with wool. Bend legs into shape, push in the bottom of the chick between the seam.
The template for download can be found here.