We open the vegetable bakery and serve vegan cakes, pies and many small treats - for the afternoon coffee or the breakfast buffet in the morning.
Do not use butter, eggs and milk? For many unimaginable! It's a pity - because the vegan cuisine offers so much more than previously known. Vegan cake recipes for example - wonderfully sweet and wonderfully creamy. Nicole Just exchanges animal ingredients for herbal products and writes delicacies such as dark chocolate, soya quark and coconut milk at the top of her shopping list.
Baking a vegan cake is neither complicated nor tastes less delicious than its popular counterpart. Whether you want to bake gorgeous jewelry or tiny sins - make every Sunday a Sunday!
The vegan recipes in "La Veganista bakes" convince not only vegan sweetie, but also those who want to enjoy unconditional - without remorse.
Three vegan cake recipes
Ingredients (26er springform, 16 pieces)
For the dough: 250 g wheat flour, 150 g sugar, 20 g cocoa powder, 1/2 tsp bourbon vanilla powder, 1 pinch salt, 1 tsp baking powder, 120 ml neutral vegetable oil
For the filling: 250 g cream cream (see below), 120 g dark chocolate
Also: neutral vegetable oil for the shape, 1 piping bag with large star spout, 10 g of dark chocolate
1. Prepare the cream cream in good time before baking and refrigerate for at least 5 hours or overnight.
2. Grease the springform on the baking day. For the dough, mix all the dry ingredients together, then add the oil and 4 tablespoons of ice cold water and quickly knead everything into a dough with your hands. Press the dough into the mold, forming an approx. 3 cm high edge. Put the bottom with the mold in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 180 °. Finely chop the chocolate for the filling. Set aside 1 heaping tbsp of it, melt the remainder in a water bath and let it cool again. Lift the melted and chopped chocolate under the creamy cream and chill the chocolate cream until use.
4. Pierce the dough base several times with a fork and bake in the hot oven (middle) in 16-18 min. Golden brown. Remove the tart, allow to cool and remove from the mold.
5. Spread two thirds of the chocolate cream on the ground. Pour the rest of the cream into a starter bag and decorate the tart with 16 chocolate tuffs. Peel fine chunks from the chocolate with a peeler and sprinkle the tart with it.
Vegan cream cream
Ingredients (500 g)
500 ml cold whipped plant cream, 1-1 / 2 teaspoon agar, 1 / 2-1 tsp arrow root starch, 1/2 tsp bourbon vanilla powder
1. Put the tapioca starch and the carob or guar gum in a bowl and mix. Add 120 ml of water and stir the mixture with the whisk of the hand mixer first at low speed, then stir for about 5 min on a high level. Use the hand mixer to make circular movements in the bowl to work in as much air as possible.
2. Once the mass has become much looser and pulls strings, add the cold cream and open it again for 5 min. The mass should have become much airier and voluminous.
PUMPKIN (BASIC RECIPE)
Ingredients (26er springform or 30 cookies)
300 g wheat flour or spelled flour, 100 g sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 200 g frozen or very cold margarine
In addition: wheat or spelled flour for processing, margarine for the form or baking paper for the sheet metal
1. Mix the dry ingredients for the dough in a bowl. Grate the frozen margarine on a raw vegetable grater over the flour (or pour cold margarine into small flakes) and mix everything with the kneading hooks of the hand mixer or with your hands to make fine crumbs.
2. Gradually add 3-4 tablespoons of ice-cold water while stirring, until the crumbs become larger clumps. Quickly knead everything with your hands, form the dough into a ball, press flat and wrap in a fresh holding foil. Leave to cool for 30 minutes. Then process the shortcrust pastry according to the recipe.
3. For a tart tray, preheat the oven to 180 ° and grease a spring or tart tin (Ø 26-28 cm). Roll out the dough between two layers of cling film or on a small amount of flour approx. 1 cm thick, place in the springform pan and form a uniform, approx. 4 cm high edge. Pierce the bottom with a fork several times and bake in the oven (middle) for about 25 minutes until it is lightly browned. Make the finished tart stew out, let it cool and, for example, cover it with fruit (for example berries).
4. For simple shortbread cookies, preheat the oven to 220 °. Roll out the dough between two layers of fresh holding foil or on little flour approx. 0.5 cm thick and cut out approx. 30 cookies (Ø approx. 5 cm). Place the cookies on a baking sheet with baking paper and bake for 7-10 minutes in the oven (center), remove and allow to cool on a wire rack.
DANUBE CUPCAKES WITH RASPBERRIES
Ingredients (1 muffin tin, 12 cupcakes)
For the dough: 150 g raspberries (fresh or frozen), 300 g wheat flour or spelled flour, 100 g sugar, 2 teaspoons soda, 1/2 tsp bourbon vanilla powder, 1 pinch salt, 2 tsp apple or white wine vinegar, 80 ml neutral vegetable oil, 300 ml sparkling water, 20 g cocoa powder
For frosting: 180 g soft margarine, 210 g powdered sugar, 1 tsp bourbon vanilla powder, 60 g cornstarch, 1 1/2 tsp vegetable milk *, 1 heaped EL cocoa powder
Also: margarine for the muffin tray or 12 paper cups, 1 piping bag with large star grommet
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °. Grease the troughs of the Muf-fin sheet or put the paper trays inside.
2. For the dough, pick fresh raspberries, if necessary wash gently in stagnant water and allow to drain well. Drain the TC raspberries.
3. Mix the dry dough ingredients and add the moistened (except raspberries). Mix everything with a mixing spoon or the whisk of the hand mixer quickly to a dough. Distribute half of it on the hollows of the muffin tin. Mix the remaining dough with the cocoa powder and spread on the light dough.
4. Put 3-4 raspberries on each portion of dough and press lightly. Bake the cupcakes in the oven (bottom) for 26-28 minutes until no more dough sticks to a wooden stick. Remove the finished cupcakes from the oven and let cool on a cake rack.
5. For topping, stir the margarine with the whisk of the hand mixer at the lowest level. Add powdered sugar, vanilla and starch to the margarine and mix everything together. Stir 1/2 teaspoon of plant milk. If the mass is still crumbly, mix in another 1/2 tsp. Make the mixture at the highest level for about 30 seconds. Remove half of the cream and stir until smooth with the cocoa powder and 1 more teaspoon of plant milk.
6. Fill the dark and light cream side by side into a piping bag with a large star spout. Put the spray bag in a glass and refrigerate for 1 hour.
7. Just before serving, spray a tuff of the two-colored cream on each cupcake.
More vegan baking recipes? No problem! The sweetest treats with no animal ingredients, we have in the book "La Veganista bakes: cake and more without any animal - delicious recipes from sweet to hearty" by Nicole Just . (GU Verlag, ISBN 978-3-8338-4000-5, € 16.99).