If it is too hot for a jacket, but also a little too cold, this cloth comes as called. Try it with this guide.
Length at the side at which stitches are struck: approx. 170 cm
Height from the stop edge to the edge at the side where the cloth is widest: approx. 55 cm
You need this for the cloth:
DROPS ALPACA by Garnstudio (belongs to Yarn Group A):
- 150 g color 100, natural
- 100 g color 2923, mustard yellow
- 50 g color 2915, orange
- 50 g color 2921, raspberry
- DROPS ROUND NEEDLE (80 cm) No. 4, 5 - or the needle size needed to obtain the following stitch: 20 stitches and 39 rows of kinky right = 10 cm in width and 10 cm in height
Notes on the instructions:
THE NEEDED DIAGRAM CAN BE FOUND IN THE PDF OF THE INSTRUCTIONS UNDER THE ARTICLE.
At the beginning of each re-row the color is changed.
Knit the strips as follows, the first row is 1 row on the right with natural: * 2 rows of natural, 2 rows of mustard yellow *, knitted from * - * to 55 rows - the last row is a back row, at the beginning Cast off 15 stitches in this row.
* 2 rows of natural, 2 rows of orange *, knitted from * - * to 54 rows - the last row is a back row, at the beginning of this row bind off 15 stitches.
* 2 rows of natural, 2 rows of mustard yellow *, knitted from * - * to 6 rows. The last row is a back row.
* 2 rows of natural, 2 rows of raspberry *, knitted from * - * to 48 rows - the last row is a back row, at the beginning of this row bind off 15 stitches.
* 2 rows of natural, 2 rows of mustard yellow *, knitted from * - * to 54 rows.
* 2 rows of natural, 2 rows of orange *, knitted from * - * to 6 rows.
KRAUSRIPPEN (in back and forth rows):
1 garter = 2 rows of kraus on the right = 2 rows on the right.
See diagram A.1.
And this is how it's done:
The cloth has an asymmetric shape and it is knitted according to diagram. Decreases are being worked on one side and increases are being worked on the other side.
Cast 15 stitches on circular needle No. 4, 5 with natural. Knit according to A.1 - see start arrow. Knit STRIPES - see above. At the end of the 7th row make 15 new stitches = 30 stitches. Repeat A.1 continuously at height, making 15 new stitches at the end of each 6th row. At the beginning of the fiftieth row, bind off the first 15 stitches, and then chop it off in each 54th row as described under STRIPES. Continue working in the pattern as shown in A.1 with the increases and decreases until the strips of natural and raspberry were finished - it was now chained 3 times on one side and 27 x on the other side increased (= stitched) = 375 stitches on the needle. Continue knitting without any increases or decreases until all stripes are finished. Then bind off all stitches.
Here are the instructions with diagram as PDF for download.