Now it is getting comfortable
With these two pillows we make ourselves comfortable in the summer on the balcony. Click here for the simple instructions for the two jute pieces.
This is what you need for the jute cushion (41 x 61 cm):
- 110 x 65 cm cotton fabric
- 61 x 10 cm jute stripes
- matching sewing thread (department store)
- Fabric paint in black
- 84 x 42 cm jute
- Inner cushion
- tape measure
- Cloth scissors (department store)
- sewing machine
- sewing needle
- bristle brush
And that's how easy it is:
For a pillow of 41 x 61 cm
1. Cut the fabric strip measuring 110 x 65 cm.
2. At the 65 cm long edges turn over 1 cm twice and stitch.
3. Overlay the fabric strip on the right side so that the fabric overlaps 20 cm in the middle and creates a piece of 41 x 65 cm.
4. Fix open sides with pins and sew the edges together with a seam allowance of 2 cm.
5. Turn fabric over.
6. Insert filling pad through the opening.
7. Paint with brush "Coffee" on the jute stripe with fabric paint.
8. Sew jute strips onto the pillow by hand.
For a pillow 40 x 40 cm
1. Place two pieces of jute cloth each 42 x 42 cm right to right.
2. Stitch three pages with 1 cm seam allowance each.
3. Overcast open side with zigzag stitch.
4. Then invert 1 cm and stitch, turn over and pull over the filling pad.
Props: Garden chair, IKEA, Askholmen, 19.99 €