- Rattan chest of drawers (eg
- from the flea market)
- masking tape
- 1 tin of spray paint in white (craft shop)
- 3 cans of spray paint in violet (craft shop)
- Black and white cotton fabric (eg from IKEA, about 6 Euro / m)
- Sewing machine and yarn
- Self-adhesive Velcro (haberdashery)
- tape measure
- fabric scissors
1. Spray dresser doors white, let dry well.
2. Cover the inside of the door well with newspaper, spray the rest of the chest of drawers violet, work best outdoors and cover the work surface well.
3. Measure the upper part of the shelf, cut the fabric so that it can be wrapped around the bars, adding 2 cm seam allowance on each side.
4. Knock fabric inward twice on each edge 1 cm, topstitch.
5. Attach the soft side of the self-adhesive Velcro strip to the long sides of the fabric, press down well.
6. Stick the opposite side of the Velcro tape onto the rods on the shelf, press firmly.
7. Firmly fasten the fabric to the shelf.