Money pieces disguised as golden nuggets in a wooden box? That sounds like a great packaging idea. And we have the instructions for you ...
You need this:
- Wooden box (eg from Buttlers)
- Acrylic paint in different shades of brown (eg from Hobby Line, craft shop)
- Photo carton in brown (craft shop)
- Acrylic paint in gold (eg from Hobby Line; craft shop)
- Decomarker in gold (eg from Edding, stationery)
- double-sided adhesive tape (eg from Tesa)
- Modeling clay (eg from efco; craft shop)
- Gold coins
- abrasive paper
And this is how it works:
1. Paint wooden box in different shades of brown. Let dry.
2. Sand the paint partially with sandpaper to make it appear more vivid.
3. Cut small sign out of photo carton.
4. Decorate edges with golden acrylic paint.
5. Label the shield with a golden felt pen.
6. Fasten the label to the front of the box with double-sided adhesive tape.
7. Prepare modeling clay according to the package instructions.
8. Form small nuggets from the modeling clay and incorporate coins into it. Allow the modeling compound to dry thoroughly.
9. Then paint nuggets with golden acrylic paint.
Tip: The coins can be easily cut with scissors from the modeling clay.