The children's cooking show To the pots, ready, delicious! runs every Sunday at 9:55 am on the Disney Channel. Tasty second season recipe: stuffed peppers with lentils and feta.content
- Red lentils are full of nutrients
- Ingredients for 2 stuffed peppers
- Preparing the filled paprika
Legumes are full of fiber. Especially red lentils can shine with their healthy ingredients. They contain, for example, valuable iron, which, among other things, promotes concentration . In addition, the valuable lenses contain magnesium, which increases blood flow and provides the body with better oxygen. Also included: potassium (for the nerve cells) and zinc (for a strong immune system).
Unfortunately, hardly any child volunteers for lenses. How can you change that? The experts of the Disney cooking show To the pots, ready, delicious have taken up this challenge and put together a child-friendly lunch with lentils.
Red lentils are full of nutrients
The trick this time: conjure a colorful court! Because the eye eats with - especially in children. Red peppers, orange lentils, green spring onions and snow-white feta cheese - who can resist that?
In addition, the ingredients with (health!) Carefully chosen: The vitamin C-rich pepper helps the body in the absorption of the existing iron in the lenses. The feta cheese is filling and is a flavor carrier in the food combination. The feta cheese contains far more vitamins and minerals than cheese from cow's milk .
Ingredients for 2 stuffed peppers
- 2 peppers
- 60 g red lentils
- ½ spring onion
- 60 g of feta
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche
- Iodide salt with fluoride
- pepper from the grinder
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- fresh oregano for garnish
- 60 g of rice
Preparing the filled paprika
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Wash the peppers, cut off the lid and remove the seeds.
- For the filling, wash the lenses and drain. Wash, clean and cut the spring onions. Dice the feta, mix with the lentils, the spring onions and creme fraiche and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into the hollowed paprika and place in a baking dish. Drizzle with the oil and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- While the peppers are in the oven, cook the rice according to the instructions and serve with the pepper.
- Serve sprinkled with fresh oregano.
Nutritional information (per serving):
- 411 calories
- 16.1 g of protein
- 15.8 g fat
- 46.6 g of carbohydrates
- 7.26 g fiber
>> Recipe for Wan Tan with mince filling from children's cooking show
>> Children's Cooking Recipe: Calzone
>> Children's Cooking Recipe: Chicory Sweet Potato Casserole