After all the other federal states, the holidays start today in Bavaria and Baden-Württemberg . At the same time, the days off in North Rhine-Westphalia, parts of Scandinavia and the Netherlands end.content
- You should avoid these highways
- What can I do to avoid being stuck in a traffic jam?
- Is it worth it to avoid a traffic jam?
- What can I do to avoid being confused in a traffic jam?
What that means is clear: congestion on many German highways. If you do not want to get in, we have the best traffic jam tips for you.
You should avoid these highways
- A 1 Puttgarden - Hamburg - Bremen - Dortmund - Cologne
- A 2 Oberhausen - Dortmund - Hannover - Berlin
- A 3 Passau - Nuremberg - Frankfurt - Cologne - Oberhausen
- A 4 Kirchheimer Dreieck - Erfurt - Dresden
- A 5 Hattenbacher Dreieck - Frankfurt - Karlsruhe - Basel
- A 6 Mannheim - Heilbronn - Nuremberg
- A 7 Flensburg - Hamburg
- A 7 Füssen / Reutte - Ulm - Würzburg - Kassel - Hanover - Hamburg
- A 8 Karlsruhe - Stuttgart - Munich - Salzburg
- A 9 Munich - Nuremberg - Berlin
- A 19 Triangle Wittstock / Dosse - Rostock
- A 24 Berlin - Triangle Wittstock / Dosse
- A 61 Ludwigshafen - Koblenz - Mönchengladbach
- A 81 Stuttgart - singing
- A 93 Inntaldreieck - Kufstein
- A 95 / B 2 Munich - Garmisch - Partenkirchen
- A 96 Munich - Lindau
- Everything that leads to the Baltic Sea or the North Sea is "danger area"
What can I do to avoid being stuck in a traffic jam?
Inform yourself in advance about your route. Are there any alternative routes ? Or smaller, less frequented highways? Even if they last longer, the holiday does not start with a traffic jam.
There are days when there is less traffic jam . Usually this is the Tuesday and Wednesday. Plan your vacation so that you can start on one of these days. This saves you stress on the highway.
Granted, the train is not always reliable: But especially in the holiday season, a train ride is a rewarding and perhaps stress-free alternative.
Is it worth it to avoid a traffic jam?
That depends entirely on the traffic jam. A full closure is always worth to avoid . Mostly diversions are signposted here anyway. Statistics from the ADAC say there were around 415, 000 traffic jams in 2013. On average, these are only 2 kilometers long. Therefore, the ADAC recommends to hold in traffic jams. Dodge routes can usually not absorb the high traffic volume. Here it comes in addition to a traffic jam. On the highway it is usually faster.
What can I do to avoid being annoyed in a traffic jam?
Take enough jobs and provisions with you. For example, plan some activities that you want to do on vacation. This shortens the waiting time in a traffic jam.
If you are traveling with children, here are the games that all children love.
By the way: Once you get stuck in a traffic jam, it is not worth changing the track. The ADAC says: Studies show that all tracks are about the same speed. A constant lane change brings nothing, but may even hinder emergency vehicles in an accident