Everyone knows that moisture is super important to the skin. But do you have any idea why - apart from the fact that it should not dry out? No? We explain to you what negative effects a lack of moisture can have on your skin.
1. Your skin can catch fire Cool temperatures, dry air: a combination that torments and dehydrates your skin. The lipid layer - which is a kind of outer protective layer - is attacked, which allows pollutants to penetrate more easily and cause skin inflammation with itching and disorders.
2. It will aggravate your acne Sounds weird, but a light moisturizer can have a positive effect on your acne. Abandonment can make your complexion even worse. If you are afraid of oily skin, you should seek care that meets your skin needs. For acne-prone skin, it is best to use an oil-free, perfume-free and non-comedogenic moisturizer paired with a coordinated acne therapy.
3. Your skin loses its natural protective layer Many of the ingredients known for their effectiveness, such as retinoids, salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide, tend to dry out the skin. If not used in combination with a moisturizer, it may cause redness or peeling of the skin.
4. Make-up will look less flawless Do you know these little lines under the eyes in which the concealer likes to settle? They do not get better if you do not moisturize your skin before applying your make-up. It also does not spread well on dry skin. The result is so often friable. It is best to apply a moisturizer for five minutes before you use your foundation so that the make-up can be optimally absorbed.
5. Your skin will itch like crazy
You certainly know the feeling when you come out of the shower and your skin tenses. Now imagine that this feeling accompanies you throughout the day and gives no rest. If the other reasons for you are not yet crucial enough to moisturize your skin regularly, then it is certainly the thought of that unpleasant feeling.