Carbohydrates make noodles into true power packs and stimulate the production of happiness hormones after consumption. Since spaghetti and Co. are also very low in fat and low in calories, you are welcome to take them to the pasta pot once a week.
Ingredients (for two persons)
- 120 g wholemeal spiral noodles
- 3 tablespoons of roasted buckwheat
- 1 egg white
- Oil for the pan
- 120 ml low-fat chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 60 g pesto
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions, drain and cover. Set aside. Meanwhile mix the buckwheat with the egg whites in a small bowl.
- Put some oil in a small pan and heat to medium temperature. Add the buckwheat mixture and cook for about two minutes until the buckwheat grains separate. Add broth, salt and pepper, cover and simmer for about seven minutes until the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the mass to the pasta and stir. Mix pesto and lemon juice, then pour over the pasta. Serve warm.
TIP: Remnants can be spiced up with salmon from the tin (about 150 grams), 150 grams of diced tomatoes and one to two tablespoons of balsamic vinegar. Serve on lettuce leaves.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Nutrition information (per serving): 433 calories // 31 percent fat (15 grams, including three grams saturated) // 55 percent carbohydrates (59.5 grams) // 6 grams fiber // 14 percent protein (15 grams)
Book Tip: This recipe is taken from the cookbook " Shape lowfat & easy " (Weider Publications).