- Questions to family doctor Dr. med. Petra Bracht
- BLOOD HIGH PRESSURE: A CHANGE IN LIFESTYLE CAN REPLACE TABLETS
- For a year, I have been taking beta-blockers for hypertension. I gained four pounds without changing my eating habits. How can that be?
- Reply from Dr. Bracht:
- ALEXANDER TECHNOLOGY: SIMPLE AND HELPFUL EXERCISES FOR THE BACK
- My back pain I can not get a grip on, and my doctor finds with the imaging methods no cause for it. Could the Alexander Technique help me?
- Reply from Dr. Bracht:
- BINDEHAUT: IN IGNITION, AUGENTROST HELPS
- I have not found any help for my chronic conjunctivitis. Both the antibiotics drops and normal eye drops did not help me. Do you have a tip for me?
- Reply from Dr. Bracht:
- YOUR RIGHT AS A PATIENT
- DOES THE CHECKOUT SUGAR TEST STRIPS PAY?
- I bought an electronic blood glucose meter at my own expense. Now my cash register refuses to pay for the necessary test strips. Is that alright?
- HEALING PRACTITIONER TOO HIGH
- My naturopath refers in his bill to the fee list. Now I notice that his demands are twice as high as the maximum.
- PAIN MONEY DUE TO AMALGAM?
- I have a lot of amalgam fillings and more and more head and back pain. Nothing helps! I think that's because of amalgam.
Questions to family doctor Dr. med. Petra Bracht
The general practitioner and Naturopath has a private practice in Bad Homburg. Here she will advise you.
BLOOD HIGH PRESSURE: A CHANGE IN LIFESTYLE CAN REPLACE TABLETS
For a year, I have been taking beta-blockers for hypertension. I gained four pounds without changing my eating habits. How can that be?Charlotte G. (57), Berlin
Reply from Dr. Bracht:In high blood pressure her body has to do a lot to transport the blood through the narrowed or stiffened vessels. Of course, it consumes energy that you consume in the form of calories. Beta-blockers relieve the vascular system, so their metabolism has to work less and uses less calories. If you do not change your diet and also do little or no exercise, you will be forced to gain weight every year and your blood pressure will not improve. My advice: Treat yourself to more physical activity (hiking, cycling) and eat lots of vegetables, fruits and salad. Then you may even have a chance to stop using beta-blockers altogether.
ALEXANDER TECHNOLOGY: SIMPLE AND HELPFUL EXERCISES FOR THE BACK
My back pain I can not get a grip on, and my doctor finds with the imaging methods no cause for it. Could the Alexander Technique help me?Markus K. (48), Freiburg
Reply from Dr. Bracht:For me, this technique is a "stroking therapy" and thus interesting for many people. Because pain is often associated with emotional causes. The gentle method of Alexander technique relaxes and increases the physical well-being. This approach can temporarily relieve back pain but does not provide a permanent solution. This can only exist in a targeted manual therapy and subsequent selected exercises for reprogramming the maltreated muscles. An exercise that will do everyone good: change your sitting position as often as possible. Get off the sofa, sit cross-legged for a while, then kneel down. So at least the evening before the TV is moving.
BINDEHAUT: IN IGNITION, AUGENTROST HELPS
I have not found any help for my chronic conjunctivitis. Both the antibiotics drops and normal eye drops did not help me. Do you have a tip for me?Karin F. (55), Frankfurt
Reply from Dr. Bracht:For chronic inflammation of the eyes often helps homeopathy, herbal medicine and eye training. I prescribe Euphrasia eye drops for external use in this situation. Euphrasia, also called large eyebright, has been used for a long time in various eye disorders with great success. The additional intake of Euphrasia eye drops may also aid the effects of other medications for eye discomfort. Another important help is eye training. In this simple exercise, you move your eyes by looking up and down, then right and left. You should do this exercise twice a day. This stimulates the blood circulation in the conjunctiva and promotes the healing process.
YOUR RIGHT AS A PATIENT
What does the cashier pay? When am I entitled to compensation? Good, if you know his right
DOES THE CHECKOUT SUGAR TEST STRIPS PAY?
I bought an electronic blood glucose meter at my own expense. Now my cash register refuses to pay for the required test strips. Is that alright?Evi L., Bingen
You can insist that the health insurance company pay for the test strips for the electronic glucose meter you have purchased. The health insurance fund has to pay, according to the Association of German Health Insurance (VKD).
HEALING PRACTITIONER TOO HIGH
My naturopath refers in his bill on the fee schedule. Now I realize that his claims are twice as high as the maximum rate.Hella W., victories
That will not do. In Cologne, a non-medical practitioner had to reimburse part of the treatment costs. Although he had referred to the fee schedule, but twice the maximum rates required. Our tip: Next time you will be given a written estimate before treatment. (Az .: 5 U 45/97)
PAIN MONEY DUE TO AMALGAM?
I have many amalgam fillings and increasingly severe head and back pain. Nothing helps! I think that's because of amalgam.Tina P., Herne
It can be! But proof of this is hard to come by. In 1999, a man's lawsuit against an amalgam maker was rejected. His saliva had mercury. The man attributed his complaints to it, demanded damages from the manufacturer. He had no success with it. After removal of the amalgam, although improved his condition; however, it could not be proved whether the amalgam in the teeth had led to the complaints. (Az .: 13 U 210/99)