Summery kitchen helpers
Summer also turns into our kitchen: we beautify our storage containers with colorful floral motifs. Just follow our instructions.
What you need for the storage box:
- Computer and inkjet printer
- Ceramic foil "Avery Zweckform My Design" for inkjet (eg from Saturn, about 10 € for 2 sheets in DIN A4)
- Ceramic storage box (eg from Depot, approx. 15 €)
- baking paper
- Small bowl of lukewarm water
- soft cloth
And that's how easy it is:
1. It is best to scan the desired subject, then print the subject on the coated side of the transfer ribbon with the inkjet printer. It is important that the motif mirror is printed wrong, so that later it can be seen in the right direction.
2. Cut out the printed motif roughly .
3. Now the transfer foil is connected to the carrier foil. For this purpose, the carrier film is cut to exactly match the printed carrier film.
4. Place the printed side of the transfer ribbon on the coated, glossy side of the carrier foil .
5. Iron with the iron over the foils . Tip: Switch off steam function of the iron and cover the film with baking paper.
6. Hold the iron on the foil presses for about four seconds without moving it.
7. Turn the slides over and press the iron again for four seconds.
8. Allow the slides to cool and cut out the motif exactly.
9. Put the foil in lukewarm water for about a minute . As a result, the motif is released from the film and can now be placed on the desired location. The can should be dry and clean for this.
10. Wipe off with a soft cloth the remaining moisture, then dry the motif for at least one hour.
11. Burn the ceramic tin at 175 degrees for about half an hour on a medium rail in the oven . To cool it can stay in the oven.
12. If it is taken out anyway, it should not be placed on cold metal plates, as otherwise stress cracks could occur.
13. According to the manufacturer, the can with the motif is dishwasher safe . To be on the safe side, you should rather rinse the can by hand.