Small effort, big impact
We miss a simple mirror a whole new look. We beautify the model with a practical clipboard and a small secret compartment.
You need this for the mirror:
- round mirror (eg "Stockholm", Ø 80 cm, 10 cm deep from Ikea)
- Flap made of MDF (23.5 x 21.5 cm, 12 mm thick), sawn to original by the joiner
- Crossboard (73 x 6 cm) and longitudinal board (22.5 x 5 cm) made of MDF (12 mm thick), cut by the carpenter or in the hardware store
- Acrylic varnish (eg "DurAcrylic colored varnish silk matt by Schöner Wohnen-Farbe) in wine red (eg" 03.008.05 "), light gray (eg" 04.014.03 ") and pink (eg" 04.021. 06 ")
- small paint roller or brush
- wood glue
- Furniture knob to screw on
- silver-colored piano strap (21 cm long, 2 x 15 mm wide = total width 30 mm)
- Phillips screwdriver
- wood file
Here you will find the template:
And this is how it is done:
1. Paint the parts: Make a chamfer on both sides of the side board, and then chamfer the lengthwise board along a narrow edge so that it fits the curve of the mirror . The mirror frame on the outside burgundy, the flap pink and the two boards gray.
2. Glue shelf: Glue the longitudinal board at a distance of 23.5 cm to the lower right edge with the straight side to the rear flush under the cross-section. Screw one side of the front piano strap flush against the right front edge of the longitudinal board. Coat the three sides with glue and stick in the mirror.
3. Install the flap: Screw the flap to the other side of the piano strap. Drill a hole for the knob of the furniture knob according to the template. Attach the furniture knob.
You can find the template for download here!