The cold days are approaching and you always wanted to knit a great woolen hat yourself? Then you will find the instructions here.
You need this:
- Sheep's wool 100% color honey, 2 knots
- Knitting needle 15 MM
- darning needle
Here is knit smooth right and frizzy. These techniques are explained in the step "How to knit your MINI KIKI BEANIE". It is important that you make a knit before you start. The sample consists of knitting a pattern of 10 x 10 cm. The goal is to see if the information fits and to try the knitting patterns. Here, 7 stitches over 11 rows should be a 10 x 10 gauge stitch
1. Knit 8 stitches around one of your wooden needles. 2. Knit 18 rows of plain right, paying attention to the following stitches increases. The remaining rows are knit smooth right, as follows: Odd rows: Knitt all the stitches from the left. Even rows: Knitt all stitches from the right. Row # 1: Knitt the entire row from the left. Row # 2: Knit a stitch from the right, pick up a stitch, knit a stitch from the right, pick up a stitch, ... Continue until you have 15 stitches in total. Row # 4: Knitting a stitch from the right, pick up a stitch. Knit 2 stitches from the right, pick up a stitch, knit 2 stitches from the right, ... Continue until you have 21 stitches in all. Row # 6: Knitting 3 stitches from the right, pick up a stitch, knit 3 stitches from the right side, pick up a stitch, knit 3 stitches from the right, ... Continue until you have a total of 28 stitches. Rows # 7 through # 18: Rip these rows to the right. 3. Knitting 12 rows of frills. This means that you knit all rows from the right. Note the following stitches. Rows # 1 through # 6: Knitt these rows. Row # 7: Knit 3 stitches, knit 7 stitches, bind 8 stitches, knit 7 stitches, and chain 3 stitches. Now your project will be divided into several parts to form the ears of the cap. Row # 8: Cut off the yarn to continue knitting and knit the last 7 stitches from the right. Rows # 9 and # 10: Rope these rows from the right. Rows # 11 and # 12: Chain a stitch at the beginning of the row and knit the last two stitches of the row together. Row # 13: Chain off all stitches. Now dedicate yourself to the stitches that were previously paused to knit the other piece. Rows # 8, # 9, # 10: Rope all rows from the right. Rows # 11 and # 12: Chain a stitch at the beginning of the row and knit the last two stitches of the row together. 4. Chain off all the stitches.
- Cut 3 pieces of wool yarn one meter long.
- Half the pieces of garnish to the tips of the ears so that half of the pieces hang freely.
- Lichen the threads, taking two threads together.
- Finish the braid with a knot. For the other braid you do exactly the same.
- Cut two circles with a diameter of about 10 cm out of cardboard and cut one hole each in the middle. Lay the two circles together and wrap them completely with the rest of the wool. Leave a piece for tying and sewing the pompom together.
- Cut the wool between the cardboard discs with scissors.
- Bend the two cardboard discs slightly apart and tie the pompom in the middle with a thread about 60 cm long to hold all the threads together. Then remove the cardboard discs. It is advisable to cut the wool strands unevenly to give the pompom a rounder shape.
Click here for instructions with sketch.