- Striped cotton fabric in red-white and blue-white (eg
- from IKEA; about 6 Euro / m)
- 6 m pre-folded bias binding in yellow (haberdashery department)
- yellow sewing thread
- sewing machine
- Textile glue (haberdashery department)
- Parasol in white (eg from IKEA, about 10 euros)
- tape measure
- fabric scissors
1. Cut 2 triangles out of the fabrics, 10 cm wide and 12 cm high.
2. Put triangles of the same fabric right side together, sew them together on the long sides and turn them over. Continue until the desired amount of triangles has been created.
3. Place the triangles in the order twice blue, twice red, between the bias binding and fix.
4. Stitch up the entire bias binding so that the triangles are sewn in place.
5. Stick the pennant chain with textile glue on the edge of the parasol.