Adé plastic bags, hello cloth bag! With our foldable shopping bag made of floral fabric - you protect the environment extremely decorative.
That's what you need for the shopping bag:
- Wax fabric with flowers on www.stoffe.de
- 0.5 m solid cotton fabric eg Flowerina (Art-Nr: 16_6773_01)
0.5 m matching cotton fabric as lining eg Tula Cotton Medium
3.5 m pocket belt strap
Yarn in matching colors
Scissors or rotary cutter, tailor's chalk tape measure, pins
And that's how easy it is:
1. Put the cotton fabric in the openwork in front of you on the table. Then cut the material, so you have two rectangles in front of you. You can do that either with scissors or a roll cutter.
2. Mark with small notches the markings for the webbing from the schematic drawing. To do this, fold the fabric so that you can cut in the markings on both sides in one step (fabric lie down first in the fabric and then fold once, fabric break is now the middle of the pocket).
3. Cut two pieces from the pocket straps, each one as long as the height of the fabric plus 60 cm. Now take a webbing and put it on the fabric. The markings on which the webbing is to be applied are marked on the schematic drawing and also on your fabric by the notches.
4. Steppe the webbing now edged on the outer fabric. Knappkantigststpen means that the needle just at the edge of Gurtbandeseinsticht. On the side where the handle is, you hear about 5 cm in front of the edge on the Gurtbandfestzusteppen.
5. Now, on three sides (two short sides, one long side), sew the pieces together one after the other. At the same time, secure the beginning and end of the seam with front and back stitching.
6. After the short side edge we change the direction. For this you let the needle pierced in the fabric, raise the presser foot and turn the fabric. Then you lower the presser foot again and can now sew the long bottom edge of the beach bag. At the next corner you go the same way. Then finish the edges with a zigzag stitch or an overlock machine.
7. Cut off the seam allowance at the lower corners so that you can form the corners nicely afterwards.
8. To form the bottom and give your bag some depth, you need to sew a darts at the seam opposite the opening of the bag. To do this, you pull the fabric apart so that a triangle is created in the middle of which the seams of the side seam and the bottom mark the height.
9. Now you quilt the base of the triangle. The longer you dull the bottom, the deeper your bag gets. Make sure that the side seams are exactly on top of each other and that there is no unsightly offset of the seams. You can help yourself by inserting a pin lengthwise in the side seam and fixing both seams on each other.
10. For the feeding pouch you proceed in a similar way as when sewing the outer fabric. The height of the lining is cut 5 cm shorter. Then sew the feed bag together on three sides (leaving a side opening approx. 10 cm long), clean up and form the bottom (same length of the base of the triangle as on the outer fabric).
11. With the feed bag, you have to shape the floor exactly as you did with the outer fabric. So measure the dimensions with the measuring tape on the outer fabric bag and orient yourself.
12. Place feed bag and outer fabric bag on right side (nice side on nice side) and put the upper edges on top of each other.
13. Then at the upper edge with 1, 5 cmNahzugabe the two cloth bags step on each other. Make sure that the strap handles are not included. They are now between the two fabric layers. Through the opening in the lining you can now turn the bag, so that the outer fabric with the handles is outside again.
14. Now you have to stitch the open turn-around opening in the feed pouch in a tight-edged manner to close it. At the upper edge of the outer fabric pulls something into the beach bag, as the feed bag is shorter. In order to fix the bag, you now step around the top edge of the beach bag. The seam should lie in the seam transition between the lining and the outer fabric.
Here you can download the instructions for the shopping bag.