With origami paper
These filigree napkin rings give your table decoration a very personal touch. Just follow our instructions for napkin butterflies.
What you need for the napkin ring:
- Paper printed on both sides (origami paper, for example from the Asian shop)
- duct tape
- fabric napkin
- double-sided adhesive tape
That's how it's done:
1.? Fold a butterfly out of a square piece of origami paper (see folding instructions).
2.? Cut a narrow strip from the paper, put a ring around the rolled-up napkin and fix it with tape at the end.
3.? Stick the butterfly on the paper ring with double-sided adhesive tape.
1. You need a square piece of paper to lie down in front of you.
2. Fold once in the middle to a rectangle.
3. Open again and fold to the other side again to the rectangle.
4. Open again and fold one corner to the opposite, creating a triangle; to open again.
5. Then bend the other corners to the triangle as well.
6. Take the triangle and push the right and left sides inwards to create a triangle again.
7. Then fold one right and one left corner up to the top.
8. Now turn the whole thing over and unfold the newly formed tip and push it down so that the tip protrudes slightly. This creates the body of the butterfly.
9. Fold the butterfly once in half.
10. For the head, fold the protruding triangle twice to the top.
Here you will find the complete manual again as PDF for download!