The last rays of sunshine in the evening we enjoy outside at the table with this enchanting placemat. Here you will find the easy free tutorial.
What you need for the placemat:
- Fabric (blue-white patterned / 48 x 34 cm)
- Template starfish
- textile marker
- Felt (coral color / 23 x 23 cm)
- Hot glue gun and hot glue
- Dekokordel (yellow orange / about 150 cm)
- Craft glue (craft shop)
- Sequins (pink, mother of pearl 30 pcs, craft shop or haberdashery)
- tape measure
- fabric scissors
- Sewing machine and matching yarn
- Hobby scissors
And that's how easy it is:
1. Cut the blue and white patterned fabric (dimensions: 44 x 30 cm + 2 cm seam allowance on both sides)
2. Turn over the edges, stake out and seam with the sewing machine.
3. Using the printed and cut template, paint the starfish on the coral-colored felt.
4. Cut out starfish.
5. Using hot glue, attach the starfish to the upper left corner of the placemat.
6. Fasten the yellow orange string with hot glue over the seam of the placemat so that it covers it.
7. Stick the sequins on the starfish with craft glue.
Tip: Different tablecloths can be individually designed using different fabrics. If the placemat is to be washable, it must be glued with textile glue. The sequins must be glued with gemstone glue.