Fish is an important protein supplier and at the same time contains many vitamins. Due to the high proportion of unsaturated fatty acids, it is easily digestible and is very well suited to the healthy cuisine.
Ingredients (for four people)
- 400 g brown rice
- 2 teaspoons of peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped ginger
- 450 g shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 2 fresh apricots, seeded and cut into thin slices
- 100 g mango pods, ends cut off
- 120 ml low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp apricots
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Cook rice according to the package instructions and set aside. Meanwhile heat up the oil in a large wok or a coated pan.
- Add garlic and ginger and sauté for a minute. Add shrimp and apricots and cook for another minute until the shrimp are pink.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for another five minutes and reduce the liquid. Stirring occasionally. Pour shrimp mixture over the rice and serve.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Nutritional information (per serving):
- 332 calories
- 13 percent fat (5 grams, of which less than 1 gram saturated)
- 57 percent carbohydrates (47 grams)
- 4 grams of fiber
- 30 percent protein (25 grams)
Book Tip: This recipe is taken from the cookbook "Shape lowfat & easy" (Weider Publications).