Dachshund Danny: The watchdog is doorstop and cuddly toy at the same time. With our guide, you can easily get it yourself.
The four-legged not only looks pretty, but also useful as a doorstop. It is sewn from cotton and corduroy. When Danny is almost done, he is filled with rice so that he can also take office.
That's what you need:
- patterned cotton fabric
- purple corduroy
- Sewing machine and matching sewing thread
- 1 (old) sock
- Rice or sand
- a small button
- soft pencil
- fabric scissors
- needle and thread
That's how it works:
1. Print the template and have it enlarged to at least A3 in the copy shop. Lay the cotton fabric on the right side and transfer the pattern to it with a soft pencil.
2. Place the cord fabric also on the right side and transfer the template for two ears.
3. Sew dog form with seam allowance down to an opening at the bottom of approx. 10 cm. Cut seam allowance to an edge of approx. 0.5 cm.
4. Turn over the fabric and stuff the dog with cotton wool.
5. Sew the ears around. Cut out ears with a seam allowance of approx. 0.5 cm.
6. In each case cut a small cross at the upper edge of the inner ears.
7. Turn over your ears.
8. Fill rice with a (old) sock (or sand) and knot. To complain in the dog.
9. Sew the dog down.
10. Sew ears to the dog's head.
11. Put the ribbon around the dog's neck and fix with needle and thread.
12. Sew the button on the collar.
And here you will find the pattern.