Do not burn it: This sewn oven glove protects your hands from the heat and looks really good. Here's the guide.
Practical kitchen helper
Now the cake time can begin. Never again burn your fingers with this practical oven glove.
What you need for the oven glove:
- 60 x 30 cm thick nonwoven line
- 30 x 30 cm striped linen fabric
- 60 x 30 cm turquoise linen fabric
- 60 x 30 cm blue linen fabric
- lintel band
- triangle ruler
- cutting chalk
- Sewing machine and matching yarn
And that's how easy it is:
1. Lay the fleece line between two layers of linen fabric. Fix with pins.
2. Draw a grid on the upper layer using a square triangle and a tailor's chalk and stitch the grid with the sewing machine.
3. Record and cut out a cardboard template by hand.
4. Transfer the template twice to the substances. Cut with 1 cm seam allowance.
5. Sew fabric right to right down to the armholes and roll it upside down.
6. Trim the armhole with a camber band.
Tip: If you want a front of two fabrics / patterns, as a first step, both fabrics together and then uses this as the top.
Here are the instructions.