- These five benefits have morning people
- 1. Early risers do sports more often.
- 2. Those who do not use the "Snooze" function of the alarm clock is more rested.
- 3. Early risers are more optimistic.
- 4. Morning mustaches eat on average unhealthy.
- 5. Those who get up earlier have a smaller chance of depression.
These five benefits have morning people
"Morgenstund has gold in the mouth" is so well-known in the vernacular. Anyone who prefers to cuddle up to the pillow again with this saying should be warned: Early birds actually have some advantages.
1. Early risers do sports more often.
If you're fresh out of bed when you hear the alarm clock ringing, you're more likely to find time to work-out and keep up with it. This is the result of a study by the Associated Professional Sleep Society (yes, they actually exist!).
2. Those who do not use the "Snooze" function of the alarm clock is more rested.
Okay, we all have every now and then no desire to roll straight out of the warm bed in the morning. However, those who delay getting up for more than 20 minutes feel even more severely beaten during the day. The danger of "falling asleep" falling back into a deep sleep phase is great. The reason for the on-going sound is usually quite simple: too little sleep - so just go to bed earlier!
3. Early risers are more optimistic.
In a survey of the magazine Emotion it became clear that morning people feel happier and happier. Her sleep and wakefulness rhythm is much more balanced and works better together with the rest of her daily routine.
4. Morning mustaches eat on average unhealthier.
Late risers eat about 248 calories more per day than early risers ! Those who stay longer in bed also consume twice as much fast food, but at the same time only half of fruits and vegetables - and as a result have a higher BMI than a morning person. This was the result of a study by Northwestern University.
5. Those who get up earlier have a smaller chance of depression.
According to a study from last year, there is a connection between long sleep and mental disorders - morning people then have fewer problems with anxiety or depression .
So even if we and getting up early probably never become the biggest friends, it's worth it. And on the weekend you can make an exception ...