Cushion covers we can never have enough! These specimens immediately provide a good mood. The simple sewing instructions are available for free.
You need this for the cushion covers (40x40 cm):
- Various patterned Free Spirit cotton fabrics by Amy Butler / specialized trade or via Makeitcoats.com
- matching sewing thread (department store)
- Inner cushion
- tape measure
- Cloth scissors (department store)
- sewing machine
And that's how easy it is:
1. Cut strips of fabric measuring 45 x 110 cm.
2. Iron the two narrow sides 1 cm in each case two times inward. Edge hem.
3. Overlay the fabric strip on the right side so that the fabric overlaps in the middle and creates a piece of 41 x 45 cm.
4. Fix open sides with pins and sew the edges together with a seam allowance of 2 cm.
5. Turn fabric over.
6. Insert filling pad through the opening. For an oblong pillow of z. B. 41 x 61 cm fabric of 110 x 65 cm is required. At the 65 cm long edges turn twice and stitch. Then lay them over so that the fabric overlaps 20 cm in the middle and creates a piece of 41 x 65 cm.