With this apron nothing really can go wrong when cooking. And with these instructions it is really easy to sew them!
You need this:
- discarded apron
- Fabric in size of the discarded apron (from www.phantasiali.de)
- approx. 8 meters bias binding (from www.frautulpe.de)
- Fabric remnants for the bag, approx. 40 cm x 30 cm
- Eyelet set (eg from Prym)
- tape measure
- French chalk
- fabric scissors
- Sewing machine and matching yarn
And this is how it's done:
1) Place a discarded apron as a template on the left side of the floral fabric, transfer measurements with a tailor's chalk and cut out. Embrace the cut edge with bias tape, fix with pins and sew.
2) To tie the apron together in the back, cut two strips of cloth each 12 x 70 cm and fold them in the center left to left. Insert the cut edges in the center fold of the bias binding and stitch.
3) Cut the ribbon for the neck out of floral fabric (12 x 90 cm) and bind with bias tape as described in point 2.
4) For the bag, place two different fabrics one on top of the other and stitch on top. Now the fabrics are opened again and ironed apart at the seam. Print template and cut out. Fold fabric in the middle and hang up the original. Transfer template with tailor's chalk to the fabric. Cut out the bag. The cut edges are edged again with bias binding and then quilted on the apron in a further step.
5) Stitch all three straps to the apron. The band for the neck, however, only attach to one side. On the other side, an eye is beaten into the fabric according to the manufacturer's instructions. Binding - done.
Tip: To give the apron a certain firmness, the fabric can be doubled or 2 different cotton fabrics can be used.
Here is the instructions for download.