This beautiful felt cover protects your tablet, e-book reader or any other desired device. How the abundance is made, you will learn in our step-by-step instructions.
Stowed well: sew the tablet case yourself
What you need for the felt bag:
- 1.5 mm thick gray felt in three times the surface area of the mobile device (laptop / notebook / tablet)
- brown yarn and needle
- brown velvet ribbon with a width of 2 mm
- 2 small wooden buttons
- 1 big wooden button
- tape measure
And this is how it's done:
1. Measure the mobile terminal and cut the felt accordingly: in length equal to twice the length of the shorter side of the device and in width corresponding to the simple length of the device with a seam allowance of 2 cm on both sides.
2. Fold the felt in the middle and sew along the two shorter sides with needle and yarn in rough stitches by hand. Keep a distance of 5 mm from the edge. Leave the longer side open as a bag.
3. For the lid, place the remaining fabric with one corner diagonally on the just made bag and fold it back around the bag. Measure and cut so that the corner on the front is in a nice proportion to the bag and on the back of 5 cm for sewn.
4. Sew the lid on the back side.
5. Sew the button in the corner of the front of the cover.
6. Sew the brown tape on the back of the bag at the height of the button and cut it to a length that extends around the pocket to the button and about 8 cm beyond the pocket size.
7. Tie a knot at the end of the ribbon.
8. Cut two 5 x 5 cm squares for the cable holders from the remaining felt.
9. Sew along the edge with needle and yarn in coarse stitches, as with the tablet sleeve.
10. Sew the button in one corner and sew the ribbon in the opposite corner.
11. Cut the ribbon to a length of approx. 8 cm and tie a knot at the end.
Read on here:
- Make Christmas gifts: cute ideas
- Christmas presents: that's what the zodiac signs are about
- Mobile Phone Case, iPad Case & Co .: Fashionable Privacy!