ingredients for 4 persons
- 2 oranges
- 2 medium sized kiwis
- 1/4 pineapple (about 250 g)
- 2 ripe papayas (à ca. 350 g)
- 1 walnut-sized piece of ginger
- 1-2 tablespoons of liquid honey
- 2 medium sized bananas
- Physalis (cape gooseberries) to decorate
Preparation of stuffed papaya with fruit salad
1. Peel the oranges so that the white skin is completely removed. Remove the fillets with a sharp knife between the separating skins, collecting juice. Express separation skins.
2. Peel kiwis, halve lengthwise and slice. Peel pineapple and remove the hard stalk. Cut the pulp into small pieces.
3. Halve the papaya lengthways and remove the seeds. Carefully remove the pulp from the skin with a tablespoon. Allow around 1/2 cm of edge to stand around. Dice the pulp. Set papaya bowls aside.
4. Peel ginger and finely grate or chop. Mix with honey and orange juice. Peel and slice bananas. Mix the prepared fruits with the marinade and serve in the papaya bowls. Decorate with physalis. Other fruit salad extra rich.
Preparation time approx. 180 minutes. Per serving approx. K. A. kJ, 180 kcal. E 3 g, F 1 g, KH 39 g
A recipe from cooking & enjoying Issue 12/2010