This small canvas bag is perfect for storing important travel documents while on vacation. Here is the sewing instructions.
What you need for the linen bag:
- white DIN A3 paper
- Linen fabric (about 1 m)
- Sewing machine and matching yarn
- about 40 cm lace band
- a few buttons
- fabric scissors
- sewing needle
Here you will find the template:
And that's how easy it is:
- Download template. Print on DIN A3 (if necessary in the copy shop) and cut out. Alternatively transfer template to A3 paper.
- Transfer template to double laid linen fabric so that 2 equal parts are created. Apply seam allowances and edges to the fabric.
- Cut out the fabric. Then spray the fabric with spray starch and iron.
- Double the fabric again, fix the edges with pins. Sew both side and bottom edges together with 1 cm seam allowance. Leave the triangle open.
- Turn the bag through the triangle.
- Engage the edges of the triangle, insert 18.5 cm lace ribbon per edge and sew.
- Engage the pocket at the marked bend edge and sew the sides together.
- Decorate the triangle with buttons.