- You need it for the cooler
- And that is how it is done
Colorful cooler bag with flowers
This cooler bag is the perfect companion for a picnic or a day at the beach with the family. Everything fits in and everything is well chilled.
You need it for the cooler
- each 1.10 m oilcloth at least 90 cm wide in two harmonious designs
- Thermofoil (eg antifreeze disc cover for cars 200 x 60 cm)
- solid cardboard or plastic for the floor 38 x 24 cm
- an 80 cm zipper (a divisible zipper is easier to sew in)
- For the handle a 20 x 3 cm long strip webbing, leather or the like
- sewing thread
- double-sided adhesive tape
- tape measure
- French chalk
And that is how it is done
Notes: The back must be about 2 cm higher, because when sewing in the zipper, this dimension additionally arises in the side parts and the front part. The thermal foil is glued only because normal household sewing machines can not handle these layers of material. Therefore, the handle is sewn by hand.
1. The outside dimensions of the drawing include 1 cm seam allowance.
2. Cut the bag part from both designs.
3. Cut the patch pocket 1x = 23 x 36 cm .
4. Cut all parts from the thermo foil, 1 cm smaller and without seam allowance : 2 side parts 23 x 23 cm, front, bottom and cover each 37 x 23 cm, back 37 x 25 cm.
1. Turn over the attached pocket on a longitudinal edge 2 cm and quilt . Turn over the other 3 sides 1 cm and quilt the pocket knappkantig on the front, as drawn in the section. In addition, a step about 12 cm wide quilting, or more subjects of your choice.
2. Fold both bag parts on the bottom right to the right and quilt the 4 side seams as follows: The oilcloth on the top with 1 cm seam allowance, the oilcloth on the inside with 1.2 cm seam allowance steppen.So fit both parts perfectly together.
3. Fix the thermal foil to the left side of the inside pocket with the double-sided adhesive tape .
4. Place the cardboard bottom in the top pocket, possibly fix it with the double-sided adhesive tape.
5. Slide the inside pocket left to left into the top pocket .
6. Sew the zipper on the open edges.
7. Mount the carrying handle in the middle of the lid: punch 2 small holes on each side or pre-drill with a thick, pointed needle. Then sew the handle with a sturdy sewing thread by hand through all layers.