A heart for wood
Wonderfully rustic: This lantern is a real eye-catcher and a pretty gift for Valentine's Day, because the romantic wooden decoration shows that it comes from the heart.
You need this for the lantern:
- candle glasses
- very thin birch bark strips (from nadeco.de; birch strips 70 x 8 cm, about 1.20 €)
- Cutter with cutting pad
- tape measure
And that's how easy it is:
1. Measure the circumference of the glass and cut the tree bark with pruning shears.
2. Mark with a pencil heart on the back of the bark and cut with a cutter.
3. Staple the bark together and put it over the glass.
4. Put tealights in the glass.
More DIY instructions for lanterns can be found here!