In good shape
Geometric lamps are very trendy. Just make your own model using our guide. It's easy, I promise!
What you need for the lampshades:
- Computer, printer and paper for the template
- 1 sheet of construction paper DIN A3 approx. 120 g / m2 in gray and white
- glue stick
- LED light bulb (hardware store)
- Textile cable incl. Socket (eg from radiokoelsch.de, about 22, 95 €)
You need these two templates for the lampshades:
And that's how easy it is:
Please print the template on A3.
1. Cut the construction paper longitudinally in half.
2. Now proceed with both halves as follows: Fold paper strips accordion-like (width of individual vertical stripes approx. 3.5 cm).
3. Use the ruler to transfer the diagonal lines from the original to the construction paper. This creates "Xe" at a distance of 4 vertical stripes.
4. Now fold the lines just drawn. You can use the ruler to help avoid slipping.
5. The triangles in the "Xen" always buckle to the same side, so creates a uniform pattern.
6. When everything is folded, the holes are punched (transferred from the original) on both sides of each long page.
7. The tape is then threaded through the holes so that both strips of paper make a lampshade. For stability, glue the open sides together.
8. Pass the lamp cable through the opening, pull the thread together, knot it and cut it.
For the white shade, we used only one half of the paper and added one more fold (see template). Otherwise the same procedure as for the gray screen.
The complete instructions for download can be found here!