Katy Perry sets the tone with her clip in 2014
In 2014, we no longer watch music videos on TV, but on the net. YouTube has now released the clips that were clicked the most this year. Here's the top ten list.
The year 2014 is already halfway through, time to look at who musically set the tone in recent months. YouTube now released a list of the most-played 2014 music videos - surprise, football songs are at the top.
But Katy Perry topped them all - her video for "Dark Horse" leads the YouTube charts. The clip was clicked nearly 500 million times. In second place Shakira and Rihanna landed with their sensual "Can not Remember to forget you" video, with just over 350 million clicks. On the podium Shakira made it with the World Cup song "La La La" again alone. The whole list is shown here ...
The most-played music videos on YouTube 2014:
1. Katy Perry, "Dark Horse ft. Juicy J"
2. Shakira, "Can not Remember To Forget You ft. Rihanna"
3. Shakira, "La La La (Brazil 2014) ft. Carlinhos Brown"
4. "We Are One (Ole Ola) [The Official 2014 FIFA World Cup Song] (Olodum Mix)"
5. Enrique Iglesias, "Bailando (Español) ft. Descemer Bueno, Gente De Zona"
6. The Chainsmokers, "#SELFIE"
7. Iggy Azalea, "Fancy ft. Charli XCX"
8. Frozen soundtrack, "Let It Go"
9. Jason Derulo, "Wiggle ft. Snoop Dogg"
10. Enrique Iglesias, "El Perdedor ft. Marco Antonio Solís"