For the special moment and every other day: cola cake. We refine the chocolate classic with popcorn and caramel and are looking forward to little cocoa biscuits.
Popcorn is only available in the cinema? And coke too? Not correct! With us popcorn and coke are now on the cake buffet. Not just like that - but in the form of small chocolate cakes.
Fantakuchen we know. Hotcake too. But cola cake? Yes, exactly - the new star on the coffee table. What's special about him? His chocolate note. And his juiciness. And that's exactly why we look forward to tomorrow and the day after tomorrow and the day after tomorrow ... Because a cola cake tastes like the next day as freshly baked.
In front of the TV or at the birthday party - surprise your friends with many small Coke-chocolate-cookies. Because - our cola cake is like a good movie - always a happy ending!
Cola cakes with caramel sauce and popcorn topping
Ingredients (12 pieces)
125 g butter, 200 g bittersweet chocolate, 200 g whipped cream, 50 ml milk, 2 eggs, 150 g + 4 tbsp sugar, 280 g flour, 80 g cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon soda, 100 ml Buttermilk, 100 ml Coke, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, 2 cups salty popcorn (microwave)
1. Melt the butter, chop the chocolate. Boil 50 g of cream and milk, melt couverture in it. Beat eggs and 200 g of sugar for 5-8 minutes until thick and creamy. Stir in liquid butter. Mix flour, cocoa, baking soda and soda. Alternately mix the buttermilk, cola and flour mixture under the sugar-egg mixture. Lift liquid chocolate under the dough.
2. Cut 12 squares (20 x 20 cm) from baking paper and press into the hollows of a muffin tray (12 wells). Spread the dough into the pans and bake in the preheated oven (electric cooker: 175 ° C / circulating air: 150 ° C / gas: see manufacturer) for about 25 minutes.
3. For the caramel sauce, caramelise 4 tablespoons of sugar in a saucepan over medium heat until golden brown. Do not stir. Deglaze with 150 g of cream and simmer for about 10 minutes until creamy. Season with sea salt.
4. Prepare popcorn according to package instructions in the microwave.
5. Remove the muffins from the oven and allow to cool. Decorate with caramel sauce and popcorn.