The female menstruation still holds many secrets and some surprises, the most important we have collected for you.
- To heavy bleeding
- 2. It has its own nickname, depending on the region
- 3. You can also become pregnant during the period
- 4. Diarrhea is quite normal
- 5. Chocolate can make PMS worse
- 6. There is a Disney movie on the subject
- 7. Strong cramps? Off to the doctor!
- 8. Period synchronization is not scientifically proven, but possible
- 9. Blue blood
- 10. The period began earlier with young girls
To heavy bleeding
A lot of about 5 tablespoons are "normal", above all that, you should definitely talk to your gynecologist. If you are not sure, just write a kind of "diary" in which you record your strength and length of the period.
2. It has its own nickname, depending on the region
Red Wave, Red Zora, Visiting, The Russians are coming, Pink Week or Strawberry Week are just a few examples.
3. You can also become pregnant during the period
It is very unlikely, but already occurred. Incidentally, there are innumerable different views on the topic of sex during pregnancy, whether yes or no luckily remains a personal decision.
4. Diarrhea is quite normal
Many women suffer from diarrhea, fatigue, headache - flu syndrome during or before their menstrual period. However, very few people talk about it.
5. Chocolate can make PMS worse
Many women feel cravings for chocolate during their period, but this is not necessarily hormonal, but often a matter of habit. Too much milk chocolate can even aggravate cramps during the period due to its ingredients.
6. There is a Disney movie on the subject
Jepp, the production company of Walt Disney has published in 1946 (!!) an educational film entitled "The History of Menstruation".
7. Strong cramps? Off to the doctor!
Many women are struggling with severe cramps, dizziness and vomiting, but this pain should be monitored by the doctor - the symptoms of much more serious illnesses may look very similar.
8. Period synchronization is not scientifically proven, but possible
So it may be that your cycle on the level of your girlfriend, sister or roommate, what that is, but you do not know.
9. Blue blood
In the advertising for sanitary pads and tampons, the "blood" is always blue, only with a few exceptions, such as a print ad from Always in the US in 2011. Here you can see red liquid. Unfortunately, female menstruation is still a taboo topic.
10. The period started earlier for young girls today
The exact reasons for this are not known, but girls get their period today on average earlier than even 10 years ago. This could be due to softeners in plastic bottles and hormones in food, but this is not proven.